Chimney Services » Chimney & Fireplace Services »
Is It Time To Have Your Chimney Inspected & Swept? Let Alpine Chimney Sweeps Take Care Of It
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), every chimney should be inspected at least once a year, and cleaned as needed. Not only can regular inspections alert you to damage and issues while they’re still minor (like chimney leaks or cracked flue tiles), but they can also let you know when it’s time for a cleaning.
Chimneys that are regularly used should be cleaned and inspected every year. But even those chimneys that are not used often need to be inspected annually to make sure they are functioning properly and safely and are free of damage. How long has it been since you’ve had a professional sweeping and inspection? If it’s been more than a year, give Alpine Chimney Sweeps a call.
Our team specializes in level 1, 2, and 3 chimney inspections (using the latest methods and documentation), and can provide you with all the information you need regarding your chimney’s safety and condition. Here’s a little bit of information on each level and when you might need to schedule one type of inspection over another:
- Level I inspections are typically considered sufficient for chimneys that have been well-maintained, inspected annually, and that haven’t undergone any changes in fuel type, appliance, performance, or use. These inspections involve the evaluation of the chimney chase, the crown and cap, the flashing, the firebox, and a visual inspection of the flue.
- Level II inspections are required when the home is changing hands, after a chimney fire, when the flue is being relined, or when the fuel or appliance is being changed. Level II inspections include everything in a level I inspection, as well as the evaluation of all accessible portions of the chimney (including crawl spaces and attics) and the evaluation of the flue using video scanning technology. This allows us to get a better look at the chimney flue, from top to bottom.
- Level III inspections are more complex and are really only considered when a level I or level II isn’t sufficient. These can include the removal of parts of the chimney or home, which is why we only recommend a level III inspection if there’s no other way to get to the heart of the chimney issue.
If an inspection reveals that it’s time for a chimney cleaning, we can take care of that for you as well. While it may appear to be an easy task, chimney sweeping is a demanding process that requires the care of a professional — but with Alpine Chimney Sweeps, you’re in good hands.
Our Cleaning Methods Will Leave Your Chimney Cleaner, Safer & More Efficient
Each time you use your stove or fireplace, your chimney is working to safely contain and eliminate hazardous substances that are produced by smoke, burning fuel, particles, and so on. But gradually, debris and creosote (which is a corrosive and flammable byproduct of wood combustion) accumulate, and can cause fires and blockages. A skilled chimney sweep will comprehensively and safely eliminate creosote and debris, enabling your chimney to function properly.
When you choose Alpine Chimney Sweeps to sweep your chimney, you are getting skilled and qualified technicians who will do a comprehensive, pristine job. A full chimney sweeping should be completed within thirty to ninety minutes, and you can expect the technician to do the following:
- Check accessible sections of your chimney, both on the inside and outside
- Examine factory-made units to see if there are cracks
- Inspect the chimney liner to see if there are any gaps, cracks, or missing joints
- Sweep the chimney using specialized brushes
- Sweep the firebox, clearing away any ash
- Remove the grate and brush it
- Scrub the smoke chamber, damper, and smoke shelf of your chimney using hand tools
- Check to ensure that are no fire safety hazards
As we perform these tasks, we ensure there is no mess, so you don’t have to worry about being left with a sooty, dirty home. Our sweeping process is meticulous, and we take necessary measures to guarantee that your home remains clean throughout. We are committed to providing the most comprehensive, professional, and stress-free sweeping experience to our customers.
How Should You Prepare For Your Chimney Sweeping Appointment?
Wondering what you need to do to prepare for your chimney sweeping appointment? It’s easy! Here’s all you need to do:
- Avoid lighting a fire in your fireplace in the 24-hour period leading up to your appointment
- Move any fragile items or furniture about six to eight feet away from your fireplace or stove
- Keep your pets confined in a different room, away from the working area
We’ll take care of everything else!
Call Alpine Chimney Sweeps Today To Schedule Your Annual Chimney Inspection & Cleaning
Chimney sweepings and inspections are a cost-effective and critical part of preventive maintenance that can save you money in the long run and keep you safe. Don’t put them off — call Alpine Chimney Sweeps and schedule your chimney inspection and sweeping today!
We also offer pest removal and chimney sanitizing services, exterior chimney cleaning, oil and gas boiler/burner flue cleaning, and clean-out door/ash dump door installation services. Whatever you need to enjoy a cleaner, safer, more beautiful home, let Alpine Chimney Sweeps take care of it for you.
As part of our chimney and fireplace services, we can track down the source of smoke and odor problems and recommend and make the best, most appropriate repairs.