Increase Dryer Vent Efficiency
These services can go a long way towards boosting efficiency, preventing house fires, and keeping your clothes dryer in great working order, which is why we urge you to take these simple steps and call professionals for a cleaning yearly.
3 Steps to A More Efficient Dryer
- Clean out lint trap before and after every load, but also remove and wash the lint trap with soap and water even couple of months.
- Choose the correct setting based on your laundry load size to help the dryer work at it’s best efficiency.
- Have your dryer vents professionally cleaned and inspected at least once a year.
Signs of a clogged dryer vent:
- lint around the dryer
- a clothes dryer that’s hot to the touch
- strange burning smells when your dryer is in use
- longer dry times (and multiple cycles needed)
- a lack of air coming from the exhaust cap where your dryer vent exits the home (when the dryer is in use)
Here are a few reasons to schedule your cleaning today:
- Dirty/neglected dryer vents are the #1 cause of dryer-related fires in the U.S.
- Dryer vent fires result in hundreds of injuries, a handful of deaths, and $35 million in property loss every year
- A clogged dryer vent can make the clothes dryer work harder and run hotter and longer, which means an overworked dryer and higher utilities