Professional Chimney Sweeping Services
It may appear to be an easy task, but chimney sweeping is a demanding process that requires the care of a professional to be done properly. It is also important because it ensures that your chimney is functioning properly and keeps your home safe.
Each time you use your stove or fireplace, your chimney is working to safely contain and eliminate hazardous substances that are produced by smoke, burning fuel, particles and so on. But gradually debris and creosote (byproducts of wood combustion) accumulates and can cause fires and blockages. A skilled chimney sweep will comprehensively and safely eliminate creosote and debris, enabling your chimney to function properly.
Chimney sweeping is a cost-effective and critical part of preventive maintenance that can save you money in the long run and keep you safe.
Chimneys that are regularly-used must be cleaned and inspected every year. However, even those chimneys that are not used often need to be checked and swept to make sure that they are functioning properly and safely.
Our Cleaning Methods
When you choose us to sweep your chimney, you are getting skilled and qualified technicians who will do a comprehensive and perfect job. We also provide inspection services using the latest methods and documentation of the entire process (before and after the job).
It is easy to prepare for your chimney sweeping appointment:
- Avoid lighting a fire less than 24 hours before your appointment;
- Move any fragile items or furniture about six to eight feet away from your fireplace or stove; and
- Keep your pets confined in a different room away from the working area
The chimney sweep should be completed within thirty to ninety minutes, and you can expect the technician to:
- Check inaccessible sections of your chimney, both on the inside and outside;
- Examine factory-made units to see if there are cracks;
- Sweep the chimney using specialized brushes;
- Inspect the chimney liner to see if there are any missing joints, gaps or cracks;
- Scrub the smoke chamber, damper and smoke shelf of your chimney using hand tools;
- Sweep the firebox, clearing away any trash;
- Remove the grate, and then brush it; and
- Check to ensure there are no fire safety hazards.
As we perform these tasks, we ensure there is no mess. Our sweeping process is meticulous, and we take all the necessary measures to guarantee that your home remains clean throughout.
We are committed to providing the most comprehensive, professional and stress-free sweeping experience to our customers.